Good morning Sunday! Today was the last day I got to sleep in because, sadly, after a week long break, I have to go back to work tomorrow. I was in a blueberry mood and decided to whip up a batch of "To Die For Blueberry Muffins" off of the Allrecipes.com site. I had been meaning to try it for a while but hadn't gotten around to it until this morning. Better late than never.
I made a few adjustments to the recipe below. I doubled the recipe, except for the sugar. I only used 1 cup of sugar total. I added 2 teaspoons of vanilla and left off the crumb topping altogether. The end result was a tender muffin with nice texture.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place 1/3 cup melted butter into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
That blueberry in the picture almost escaped!