Now that you know how to make ganache let's do something extreme. You've heard of OD (over dose) and after a good steak you may OB (over beef). I have three words for you friends. Chocolate on chocolate. Is there such a thing as OC (over chocolate?) No, I didn't think so. I knew we'd be good friends :)
Let's have the pictures do all the talking (recipe to follow). You will need a shot or two of milk after this.
Recipe: Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Special Dark Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions:1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with ganache and decorate.